This month’s newsletter shines a light on members of our community and the good work they're doing, upcoming community events, the latest job postings, and other resources. Subscribe to our Community Newsletter to access the content in full, including job postings from our members. Here are excerpts from this month's issue:
Join us — Sept. 20, Rooftop Law School with Joshua Lenon, GC at Clio
In March this year, before the Court could issue a ruling on the United States v Microsoft case, Congress passed the Clarifying Lawful Overseas Use of Data (CLOUD) Act hidden in a budget appropriations bill. If you are a tech company, you need to know about the CLOUD Act’s future impact to your compliance team. Dive into the discussion at this Rooftop Law School session featuring Joshua Lenon, lawyer-in-residence and data protection officer at Clio.
- Jennifer Chung, associate general counsel at AccuWeather, will be speaking at the In-House Counsel Summit on Data Privacy & Security, September 26-27, 2018, in Washington, DC. Check it out.
- What’s a day like in the life of a chief privacy officer? Fatima Khan, chief privacy officer at Demandbase, gives us a sneak peek.
- Reddit’s general counsel, Melissa Tidwell, recently spoke with KQED’s Fresh Air on stopping hate speech and closing the diversity gap in Silicon Valley.
- Our friends at Rigetti Computing have launched cloud services in a big leap for quantum computing. Continue reading on Fast Company.
Jobs from Our Community
If you have a job you’d like us to post, send it over to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll publish it in our next newsletter.
- If you're looking to go abroad, Glassdoor is hiring for an Assistant General Counsel - Legal Director for its Dublin, Ireland office.
- Wonolo, an on-demand staffing platform for businesses looking to fill their immediate hourly or daily labor needs, is seeking its first Head of Legal with expertise in gig economy issues.
- Know a rockstar Senior Paralegal? The RealReal is looking for a highly motivated self-starter to support a growing business and Legal team.
- Nauto is hiring for a Senior Counsel to join their ranks and help their company revolutionize transportation safety.
- Help Blend, a growing Fintech company, navigate through an evolving and complex financial legal and regulatory environment as its next Legal Counsel.
Want more? Access the full content of our monthly newsletters by subscribing here.